Buzzwords & Boundaries
The Inclusion Confusion
“I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world. I am not asking you to take them out of the world, but I ask you to protect them from the evil one. They do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world. Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.” - John 17:14-17 (NRSV) [1
Buzzwords and phrases often emerge as an attempt to create awareness. “Just Do It!” is synonymous with the brand Nike. "It’s the Real Thing” is tantamount with Coca Cola. However, the marketing and promotion of a product line is not the only purpose of catchwords.
● Do you believe it is possible to be completely inclusive?
● What are three (3) social issues you find to be in conflict with biblical guidance? Why?
● What means can you implement to demonstrate your love, respect, and care for those who
share different views?
● What areas in your life do you sense God desires you to grow? Repent?
● Are you willing to accept that invitation?